Stolen from elsewhere.
- Verify what has happened.
- Delegate tasks; there’s a lot to be done and the window of opportunity will have already begun to close.
- Deal with electrical fires generated by the EMP.
- Address water needs.
- Try to start every motorized vehicle you own.
- Begin to gather your children. This may take some time depending on your transportation and the number of children.
- If you aren’t at home, get there as quickly as you can. A Get Home Bag will make this easier and safer.
- Determine a way to keep track of time.
- Acquire last-minute supplies. Make a list the first things you should consider acquiring.
- Continue shopping. Moving forward, and for an indefinite period of time.
- Check up on close friends and family members
if they live within walking distance. Or, if you have a vehicle and can
make the trip quickly, send someone to check up on them. You may even
decide to bring them back to your house if you feel that's the best option.
- Eat the food in your refrigerator and freezer before it becomes a health hazard or try use one of the food preservation strategies.
- Inform your neighbors.
- Gather vital information.
- Take steps to survive the season in which the EMP occurs.